The San Antonio Central Texas Doula Association aka Viva Doulas is Proud to
Present Gail Tully and the Spinning Babies Workshop!
We are so excited to be able to offer this amazing workshop to our Members as well as
to local Midwives, other Doulas and Birth Professionals.
When: February 23, 2013 (yes that soon! We were given the opportunity by Gail
and we jumped at the chance.)
Where: Drury Hotel near the San Antonio Airport
Time: 8:30am - 5:00pm
Cost: $125 Members/$150 Non-Members (price includes lunch and morning snacks)
Please feel free to contact us with any questions or concerns: Tina Castellanos, Pres.
Spinning Babies Workshop
· Optimal Foetal Positioning (OFP) -how fetal position effects labor.
· Compare OA & OP labors to signs of "Baby really won't fit"
· Spinning Babies for the doula scope of practice
· Spinning Babies techniques
· When interventions are necessary
· Useful electronic handouts (print and bring your handouts)
· ACNM and MEAC CEUs (DONA and Cappa accepts these, too), 7-hours
· Workshop hours: 8:30-5:00 pm
Spinning Babies goes Beyond Optimal Fetal Positioning with the 3 Principles of Balance, Gravity and Movement. We look at the effects of posterior position on pregnancy and labor, and practice activities for pregnancy comfort, optimal fetal positioning, cesarean avoidance and labor progress. A new view at easing birth.
The morning explores possible causes of fetal malpositioning, what to do in pregnancy to over come such causes. We often have a pregnant model to help us see the techniques in action.
The afternoon explores effects on labor and involves analyzing labor patterns and practicing several techniques for such patterns.